Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Surprise!

I finished my first Baby Surprise Jacket. Fun, fun pattern, and really easy too. I was a little nervous about starting it, because I'd seen all kinds of cheat sheets and references to knitters using spread sheets to help them keep their place in EZ's instructions. Bah! Totally not necessary, IMO. It's pretty straightforward, really. My increases did travel a bit on one side at one point, but otherwise it was smooth sailing.

I used some scraps of baby acrylic I keep on hand for charity stuff. I plan to donate this to the local hospital. Now that I know I like the pattern, I'll have to find some scrumptious yarn to make one for T (and figure out how to size it for a toddler . . .).

And, of course, some pics:





And my latest WIP, a mistake rib scarf in 100Purewool:

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

I love it. White is so fresh and clean looking and with the splash of color you added it just sparkles. Love it! Great job!
Vanessa

5:39 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hello! I found your blog by googling "wool soakers." I just wanted to say you have a great blog and you're very talented!
I love to knit and I'm going to try some wool soakers (actually, the very first one is on the sleeping baby right now!) I can't wait to see how it works.

Have a good day!

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your BSJ is beautiful! Congrats:)

ang

10:48 AM  
Blogger Debra said...

Nice job. I am just finishing up my first sweater, I used Elizabeth's seamless yoke to get me started. I can't wait to do a BSJ...someday.

Praise God! A Christian knitting blog!

Thanks for sharing,
Debra

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home