Thursday, September 20, 2007

Red Scarf 2008



For the Red Scarf Project 2008.

Pattern: mistake rib over 35 stitches
Needles: US size 9
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft, autumn red (they wanted soft and washable, so there you go!)
Finished size: 5" x 60" (Actually, it's more like 59" long, since I developed a tangle--darn slippery yarn wouldn't stay skeined--and had to cut my working yarn. I measured, found that I was only an inch short of the requirement, and decided they probably wouldn't quibble over an inch. *grin*)

I do love the mistake rib. I think I need to make one of these for myself this fall. I have some 100Purewool merino coming. Wonder what that would look like in mistake rib . . .

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

pretty color & I'm sure not one is going to notice an inch!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love mistake rib too! And I did my first scarf in it! Lovely!!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Yes.. I too love the mistake rib...

Your Mittens are nice also!!!

And I think The Dollar and A Half Sweater is lovely and would look great in your green..

Penny

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home