Thursday, May 03, 2007

One Down, One to Go

It fits! It fits!



And the top view . . .



And a closeup of the non-hideousness of the toe:



All I had to do to make it fit was frog my previous attempt and reknit it on size 1 DPNs instead of size 2s. (Yep, I ended up frogging the entire thing--and I'm glad I did.) I like the fabric the 1s make much better too. I'm very happy! Now it just needs a mate, but first I must get a good start on my Sockapalooza 4 socks.

Added 5/4/07:
A few more details on the sock, for those who may be wondering about fit: It's knit over 64 stitches at 8.5 stitches per inch (measured on stockinette), and it fits my size 8 foot, which has an 8.5 inch circumference.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger mandy said...

congrats on sock #1 - sock #2 goes much faster, don't be afraid!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colors in this sock. Is it a self striping yarn?

12:16 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Way to go on finishing sock #1! I just love that yarn! What is it??? I'm just starting on my very fist sock and I'm just about to turn the heel. Wish me luck!

I can't wait to come back and see your second sock.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Kim--Good luck! The yarn I used is Lion Brand Magic Stripes in the denim stripe colorway. Sock knitting is such fun, isn't it! After I turned the heel on my very first sock attempt I bought yarn for about four more pairs of socks. :-)

Tami--yep, it's self striping. Pretty nifty!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I don't know if I have enough time / patience to start over. My first sock is huge. So, all you did was use size 1 dpn's?

6:29 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Kim--Yep, all I did was go down a needle size.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home