Friday, March 30, 2007

Checking In



I've been knitting away, and it's beginning to look like a sweater--finally!

I still have my doubts about how it will turn out. I'm still not sure the yarn will hold out, so I may have to make a last-minute Internet purchase to complete the project. Also, I'm not at all sure that I can graft these underarms neatly and make them look like anything that resembles decent:



I must have stretched things a lot when I joined the body and sleeves, because I've got some wonky, huge stitches on the ends of these underarm sections. I'm hoping that blocking will work miracles on the armpits (and make the decrease stitches look more even)!

We shall see . . .

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger tweezle said...

Kelley - I know just what you mean about the stitches under the arms. I did the Weekend Sweater (my first sweater with the EZ percentage system) and I couldn't believe how messy the stitches were. Just graft them, and then wash. It should even out then. I know mine did. There may be a little distortion, but you'll have to look very closely to see it, but it does disappear in a washing or two.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kelley
I've just finished packing to head north and the EZ book is packed way away! Your sweater is great. You might consider, on the last row of the neckline, increase every other stitch, then next row bind off, using a [say] size 10 needle in your right hand. These kidz seem to have such large noggens.
susan

2:54 PM  
Blogger Stell said...

I linked to you here from the zimmerman site. I love the eps, but 'me to' in finding the neck % not quite right for small children and babies, I have resorted to around 65% of K which results in a crew neckline that sits just under a tee shirt band. Works for me, then I short row from the centre 10% of stitches at the front neck to the back raglan 'seams'. That raises the back neck quite a bit, i short row around an inch apart. page here sorry can't work out how to past the url as a live link, for the record the 65% worked well fora matching teddy sweater. You can see in the photo how wide the neck is compared to the body. http://knitknitfrog.blogspot.com/2006/11/pink-mint-merino-is-finished-and-ive.html

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home