Saturday, May 12, 2007

Finally Some Finished Items to Share!

I finally have some finished objects that I can share. I've been knitting up a storm lately, but most of it has been for baby gifts or knitting exchanges, so I've been sitting on the pictures until the gifts were given and the exchanges were sent.



Pattern: Baby Bib O Love from Mason Dixon Knitting
Yarn: Sugar and Cream cotton, cream
Needles: US size 4 (two sizes down from pattern recommendation)
Modifications: knit one long strap that buttons at the front




Patterns: Easy Baby Cardigan (pdf) and North Country Cotton Baby Socks (pdf)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Shadows, dark moss (it's actually a slightly darker green than the photos show--poor lighting for photography here lately). I'm not crazy about acrylic and usually avoid it, but I just loved this color! I think it will be great whether the baby is a boy or a girl.
Needles: US size 7 circs for the sweater; US size 3 DPNs for the socks
Mods: None for the socks. For the sweater, I knit buttonholes into the edging on the front and sewed on buttons instead of doing ties as the pattern instructs. I also used a provisional cast on for the top of the hood and came back and kitchener grafted the hood together instead of seaming the top. (I would knit both of these patterns again. Love 'em!)
Other comments: The socks seem to run very large. I knit the baby size on size 3 needles (two sizes smaller than recommended), and they still fit my 13-month old son. The sweater should fit around 6-9 months, just in time for cooler weather next fall/winter. Perhaps the baby will have large feet. :-) I figure that even if the socks don't fit at the same time as the sweater, they'll still be cute to wear with another outfit somewhere down the line.



Pattern: Tranquility spa set from Rhonda White's "Spa and Bath Sets to Knit"
Yarn: Sugar and Cream cotton, cream
Needles: US size 5 and 7
Mods: none



Pattern: my own (my first attempt at designing a dishcloth)
Yarn: Sugar and Cream cotton, cream
Needles: US Size 7
Mods: none (since I made up the pattern, I didn't need to modify :-)

Phew! That felt good.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

everything is lovely but i especially like the spa set

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home