Sunday, March 04, 2007

I'm Doing a Happy Dance!

This yarn is aptly named--Knitpicks Dancing. This came in the mail on Friday. I ordered some of each color they had left, since it's being discontinued. I was just giddy when I saw the gorgeous colors. I called my husband over to share my excitement and pet my yarn and ooh and aah over the colors. Not suprisingly, he didn't share my enthusiasm. I can't wait to knit these up into socks. I'm already dreaming of what patterns to use with the different colorways.


Two Step


Hula


Rumba

I'm brand new to sock knitting. I know there are truly fabulous sock yarns out there--Lorna's Laces, Socks That Rock, Trekking, etc.--but I'll go for this cheap (but, I think, still pretty wonderful) stuff until I'm sure my skills warrant the deliciousness of the premium stuff.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger me myself and i said...

I love Dancing too!! Thanks for the tip that its being discontinued!

Rebecca

1:46 PM  
Blogger Erin Joy said...

Wow that IS pretty yarn! I'd be doing a happy dance as well. Socks are on my list of learn how to knit this year. :)

2:57 PM  
Blogger annette2u said...

Wow Kelley
I love your blog and all your beautiful work. The baby blanket looks great and it certainly will look nice on one of the hospital babies.
I haven't made socks for years but am going to make a pair. They look great. It's such a blessing to have this talent and being able to share with others.
Annette

5:09 PM  
Blogger kat said...

its so funny they can't share our love of pretty yarn, must be something missing in their genes

10:00 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I love the dancing! i just got some hula in the mail myself and have started socks with it... so sad it will be discontinued :(

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home