Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Four Corners Dishcloth



Here's my finished Four Corners Dishcloth. It's based on a pattern by knitting guru extraordinaire Elizabeth Zimmermann. Abigail adapted it to a dishcloth pattern. (She's having a little contest--you can read about it here.) As you can see in the second picture, I cheated and did a regular cast on and then sewed my seam rather than doing the provisional cast on and then grafting the edges. Pure laziness on my part. I haven't learned the provisional cast on yet and didn't feel like trying it the day I knit this. Next time for sure! I'll be making more--it's a fun little pattern, and I just love the gently curved corners.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

Looks good! can't hardley see the seam!
when you are ready, try a crocheted cast on... one of the easiest provisional cast on's you can do!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Oh, I love it. Thanks for sending me the pic. I'm adding it to the gallery now....

Great work and the seem is near invisible!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Thanks for showing it can be done without the special cast on. Now I'm not intimidated to do my own Four Corners cloth!

10:57 AM  
Blogger hakucho said...

I love that pattern. Yours turned out very nice :)

happy knitting :)

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home