Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Jolly Green Giant

T's nighttime soakers from last summer are a tad short in the rise for his now truly gigantic overnight diapers. So . . . what's a mama to do but knit up some new nighttime woolies? (It seems huge after the newborn size stuff I've been working on. LOL.)



Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky, emerald
Needles: US size 5 and 7 (and 6 for the flat knit portion of the body, since my tension is looser for flat knitting than knitting in the round)
Mods: Bulky instead of worsted weight yarn (and needle sizes to work with yarn weight). (I knit a size down to get correct sizing for T with the bulky yarn.)
T is showing the very beginnings of interest in potty learning (yay!), so I'm hoping I won't need to knit all new woolies for him for next winter. Not that I don't love having stuff to knit, but some non-diapering stuff would be fun! *fingers crossed*

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin Joy said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy, Kelley!! I'm sure you will be knitting and crocheting a slew of woolies and sewing up a beautiful stash of cloth diapers. =)

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home