Sunday, May 20, 2007

Little Angel

I just finished my first project for PAKM. It's a wee burial wrap. I've heard that some people find it too difficult to make burial items for preemies, but for whatever reason, this is something I can do. I did get to me a little when I saw just how tiny the finished wrap is (see the bottom picture with my hand for scale). Once it's folded up it's about eight inches from top to bottom. I can't imagine a baby that tiny.

It's my first attempt, and it's far from perfect, but I hope it will be a blessing to someone who needs it.







Pattern: combo of knit and crochet angel wraps by Aunt B
Yarn: baby acrylic (sport weight) from my charity stash
Needles: US size 8 and crochet hook size G
Mods: knit the wrap and crocheted the head and wings

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

These are a sad thing to knit, especially knowing someone has to use them. But you do a great job, and I really like all the work you do.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I've been wanting to try that pattern now that there is a knitted version. This is important work that you are doing. It really makes a difference. Great job!

11:23 AM  
Blogger kat said...

wow what a very sweet thing to make

2:28 PM  
Blogger ~Niki~ said...

Love your blog. Your work is amazing, inspiring!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Lovely work. Your blog is great and I just love reading it.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

precious angel wrap! heartwarming
gift for those in need.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home