Finally, Decent Cold Weather Gear for T!
I've finally gotten around to making T a decent winter hat and mittens. The poor kid was really looking like a ragamuffin in his mismatched, ill-fitting hat and mittens. I got the inspiration for the mitts from Laura's post on this blog on December 11. The original "pattern"/recipe comes from Lisa's blog here (scroll down to November 19). I changed things up a bit and did a crochet/slip stitch chain instead of an I cord for the connector. The hat is from the Bernat pattern booklet called Baby Love. Both were knit in Patons Classic Merino, color Bright Red. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try them on T. Let's hope they fit! (Sorry for the dark picture. I didn't feel like waiting for sunlight to get this posted. Maybe I'll replace it with a nicer pic later. Or not . . . )